Wednesday, July 14, 2010

No, I haven't given up on the new blog. We've been out of town for a while--Honey is already back in NJ, but Shmoo and I are still living the good life in TX. (Well, the good life that is unbearable heat and massive quantities of mosquitos!)

Actually, we've been extremely, massively spoiled. My parents took the kids and grandkids on a cruise for their 50th anniversary! We left from Galveston and went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. It was soooo beautiful and so fun to be on the cruise with everyone. The pictures are going to have to wait til we get back to Jersey next week. It was amazing and I'm still suffering from post cruise depression ;)

After the cruise, Honey had to return to NJ immediately since he didn't truly have any vacation time earned yet. We were so glad that his new employers didn't have a problem with him going. Shmoo and I have been taking advantage of our extra time here by visiting with family, eating at Chickfila and seeing movies for less than half the price than we would have to pay in NJ. I went to see Wicked in Houston, which I LOVED LOVED LOVED! I didn't like the ending though; I really thought Elphaba should have died. Several people now dislike me for that opinion so I'll just go ahead and say that I wish Harry Potter would have "stayed" dead, too. Too many easy happy endings!

Anyway, we are happy to be here in TX where we have people to hang out with. New Jersey is lovely, fun, beautiful, and filled with stuff to do, but we are lonely there. We hope to remedy that situation in time as we become more involved with church (when we get assignments), school, activities, etc., but right now it's mostly just the three of us trying to keep each other company. It's a sad thing when you don't have anyone to put down as an emergency contact on your kid's school enrollment :(

On a more positive note, NJ is turning out to be much better than it is rumored to be! I guess I'm going to have to go up to the northern part of the state to see if it's ugly with rude people, cause we certainly aren't seeing that where we live. I am loving not pumping my own gas, there's no tax on clothes or shoes, and preschool is free! My parents just might disown me for my positive opinions about this Yankee state.

3 comments:

Karla said...

You should have posted a "spoiler" on this title. I have not read the last Harry Potter book :(. . . It sounds like you are having fun.

Journey Rocks! said...

Jersey... Next thing we know, you will be sporting a big hairdo and walking around like that girl that calls herself "Pookie" (or whatever) from reality TV.

Glad you had a great time visiting family! We miss having you in town! :)

Kara said...

I'm going shopping in NJ. You are truly in the "nice" part of jersey. And I've been to Storybook Land. HA!