Thursday, June 24, 2010

We love Storybook Land!

I'm pretty sure that I'll never complain about a lack of things to do here! Hubbie and Shmoo found Storybook Land online before we ever moved here and the moment we stepped foot in NJ, Shmoo was begging to go. I asked some local mamas about it...I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just a tourist trap. It got great recommendations for little kids, so we jumped on board with season passes.

It really is awesome! It's just down the street from us and it is perfect for kids in Shmoo's age range. It has (A LOT of) kid friendly rides, is almost completely shaded, is beautifully landscaped and clean and the ride operators are almost all retired grandmas/grandpas. You can bring in your own food/drinks and it's open almost all year round including Easter, Halloween and Christmas events. Since it's so close, we can go and spend a couple of hours and just run home when we get tired.











3 comments:

Lori said...

That's awesome! Some of my favorite memories as a kid were going to a theme park that was close by. Lucky lucky you. The more I read your blog, the more I want Logan to get an internship back east.

Karla said...

I love it! Spencer would love it too, I am envious. I am glad you are settling in.

Anna said...

Hi! You probably don't remember me from Spanish at Snow, but I was just listening to Shakira (actually my kids were listening and dancing along) and it made me think of you. It looks like you're happy and enjoying life!