August Trip, 2013
Upon arrival in Wichita...
We shared a kiss in the place we met for the first time ever :)
I am so bad about taking pictures when we go places that we are familiar with. We went to Kansas and Texas during August. It was probably one of the worst trips on record! The day before we left, James got the stomach flu....he was fine for the travel day, then for the next 17 days, all of us (including family we were visiting) passed that nasty bug around multiple times. It was so very bad! We took that bug from NJ to KS to TX. So many people got it and I just can't emphasize how miserable that bug was....but we survived and got to see our families!
The only pics I took in KS were of this awesome water park that Great Bend has put in. We were all finally well enough on the same day to go right before we left... It only cost $3 to get in, what a deal! It had this giant play structure and then a regular pool with lots of slides.
And then the TX part...from FB
Well James and I
made it from Kansas to Texas...but our luggage did not. Sitting here wearing my
dad 's clothes so I can wash the clothes I wore today. At least we're not
vomiting, right?
And now I hope to
not run into anyone I know as I sneak into HEB in my dad's clothes so I can buy
some essential hygiene items.
In case you're
trying to keep up with my fashion trends in the face of luggage crisis, I'm
currently wearing a sari made from a vintage
sheet.
Yay! My luggage
arrived! Just in time for James to get sick again. Seriously. What stomach bug
comes back 3 times?
The good: for the
first day since aug 9th, no one is suffering from G I problems and I got to see
4 of my nieces! The bad: I knocked down all the styrofoam cups from Dairy Bar
with a swipe of my purse. They threw them all away. Also bad, I drove away from
the gas station with the cap flying in the wind since I haven't pumped my own
gas for 3 years. The weird: James wears the same size shoes as his 19 and 20
year old girl cousins! They both tried on his new school shoes-comfy
fit!
James said "can we
go back to Buccees so I can get some commemorative
merchandise?"
Learned how to make tortillas from mom and dad's friend Lydia.




No comments:
Post a Comment