Had a middle schooler walk up to me today and say
"Mrs. X, I have std, I have to leave." Um, that would be DDT.
(Which sounds equally bad if you're not familiar with our school Lingo.)
You know it's going to be a mind numbing conversation
when a middle schooler starts with, "ok Mrs. X, so we speak English,
right?"
Today
a student complained about having to take Spanish. "I'm never going to
Mexico, so what's the point?" I told her, amongst other things, that
learning another language would make her smarter. "Fine! I want to learn
British!" Sigh. I'm not sure Spanish is going to make her smarter.
I
asked my students to NOT use google translate for any part of their assignment
in class today. I had a hard time believing one of the girls didn't use online
help so I questioned her and she vehemently denied it. I gave her one more
chance to confess and when she didn't take it, I pointed out her sentences were
written in FRENCH. Oh middle schoolers.
No comments:
Post a Comment