Friday, January 24, 2014

A whole lot of Schmoo says...

Trying to catch up on the blog.... here are all the things that I documented that the Schmoo said between September and January...

Sept 25th:
Just had a lengthy conversation with Schmoo in which he made it clear that I was not to ask any questions at back to school night. Then we talked about what the word "backfire" means.
Sept 29th: 
I said something to Schmoo that made him laugh really hard and while doing so he tooted. He stopped and said, "now that's laughing gas!" Oh my life with boys.
Oct. 9th:
In other news, Schmoo has decided that "there will be no more alliteration in this house. It sounds rude to say two of the same sounds in a row." Honey let him know there will be no more chocolate chips or pumpkin pie.
Oct. 10th:
Schmoo was trying to convince us that he needed another snack before bed. I told him no, and Honey told him that he should have eaten more of his dinner. Schmoo exclaims, "Dinner? Dinner!?! That was at least 2 poops ago!"
Oct 20th:
Schmoo's bedtime prayer tonight: "...and please bless me that I won't be scared by any frightening visual illusions in my room or in my mind..." poor kid. 
Oct 22nd:
Schmoo at the dinner table tonight, "I will NOT eat this pasta unless I can have more brussel sprouts." Ok, here you go you little weirdo.
Oct 23rd:
Telling Schmoo he needed to take a shower. He said he didn't want one because he didn't have an Eagles' loofah. Wtheck? Eagles? Loofah?
Oct 28th:
And tonight, "Mom, I'm afraid I have a very sensitive uvula."
Nov 6th:
Schmoo is sitting here talking about the Christmas presents that he thinks he's going to get. Honey tells him, "there is an expression that says 'don't count your chickens before they hatch'. Why do you think people would say that?" Schmoo answers, "well because there could be 2 chickens in one egg." I am dying!
Nov 8th:
We have new family rules per Schmoo: 1) if Schmoo doesn't like it, nobody can like it. 2) you don't tell 'the Schmoo' no. 3) Schmoo makes the rules. I just introduced Schmoo to the concept of parental dictatorship and how his life could be so much worse :)
Dec 19th:
Schmoo was talking about how strange one of my coworkers is. I asked him what he would do if he ran into him in a dark alley.... "I'd turn on the light." Lol! Good answer!
Dec 20th:
Granny and pawpaw are in town. Schmoo was lobbying to get something that "everyone in his class has." Granny asks, "if everyone was jumping off a cliff, would you do it too?" Schmoo asks, "why are people jumping off cliffs?"
Dec 24th:
It took 30 mins from the time I pulled the covers over Schmoo til I could say goodnight and close the door... He had that much he HAD to say about Christmas. My favorite part was this question, "Mom, before you wake up, am I authorized to look at the presents without opening them?" Oh my gosh I think Santa is going to have to wait a loooong time before coming here. The excitement is too cute.
Jan 8th:
Schmoo's thank you cards are going to be delayed due to the fact that I made him erase any note that began with "My mom made me write this."

1 comment:

Kara and Theo said...

Oh my gosh, this kid is hilarious!! I wish you guys never had to leave the Ward, I totally want to hang out with him!