It wasn't until I turned on the weather channel to check out the earthquake info that I realized that we were in the path of Irene. I called honey and asked him to pick up some provisions at sam's club just in case. Sure enough it became clear that we would be hit. We were not in the mandatory evac area and since it didn't look like it was going to be worse than a Cat 1 we just prepared and stayed where we were.
Here was the prep:
the junky food part of the supplies
bathtubs full of water, just in case.
spent two days cooking and eating the fridge food
Here comes the storm...
Then it hit. It wasn't bad at all. Bout 24 hours of wind and rain. We lost power for 8 hours. We are so thankful that that was all that happened.
The "aftermath": a bit of flooding in our community
And a downed tree or two.
We were so blessed. It could have been a lot worse, but it was very mild. Thank you for your prayers in our behalf :)
2 comments:
So glad you are safe! I have been thinking about you. . . "Certain medical procedures" huh? Well, keep me posted on how it all goes.
I am so relieved. I didn't realize how many family and friends I have that live back east until Irene.
Post a Comment