Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School!

Today is the first day of school! How in the world did it get here so fast? We were just celebrating the end of Pre-K and next thing you know, we're packing lunch and sending him off on the big yellow bus to the first day of kindergarten! I've spent the last several days hiding tears, but thankfully he is so ready and happy to go. I don't know if I would call it "excited". He's pretty nonchalant, just like his dad!

We went to see his classroom and meet his teacher last Friday. His school is only for kinder and first grade but it has 15 classes of each grade!!!! He got an outstanding teacher and I am hopeful that she will know what to do with his big brain and propensity to get upset if he doesn't do something perfectly or know the answer (or know it all, for that matter.)

He's been WAITING SO LONG to wear his new school clothes and use his new school gear.





Waiting outside for the bus.

He just lost his second tooth last week:

Going...


Going....
Gone.


I've spent so much time being sad about it over the past couple of weeks that I was really surprised that when the bus pulled away I didn't sob like a big baby. Maybe I'm still in shock.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Ahhh. . . what a mile stone