From last Thursday:
I totally have the heebie jeebies! Schmoo
has had a congested cough for a couple of weeks now. I decided to take him to
the Dr today just to check lungs. His lungs were fine and the Dr continued exam.
Dr looked up his nose and said, "Hm, seems blocked. He got tweezers and pulled
out a giant booger. (Are you still reading this?) Anyway, so he goes to look up
his nose again and says "there's som...thing up there,
come look." I look and about freak out. It looked plasticky,
maybe blue-green colored. He tried to get it out but couldn't. So he is sending us off
to ENT tomorrow. WHAT COULD IT BE?!?!?! Schmoo is 7, and has never put something
up his nose--not even as a toddler. I am dying--alternately because I really
want to know what's up there and because I really DON'T want to think about this
anymore!
Then from Friday:
Announcement: the object has been removed! Cone shaped Lego piece. Dr estimates
it has been up there approx 3 YEARS!
So
last night before bed he remembered that he stuck a lego up his nose "a lot of
years ago". He said it was when he went to Hess school-which was pre-k (4 years
old). It was quite a painful experience for him to get it out today-crying,
struggling, several instruments used to extract it and the ent had a tough time
bc of the shape, material, position, etc. Getting it out caused a bloody nose
and swelling so I haven't asked him about breathing yet. I seriously cant
imagine having to breathe with that up my nose for years. Still freaks me out.
Apparently this problem runs in families...

No comments:
Post a Comment