Sunday, June 19, 2011

In vitro fertilization

We tried to make our very own test tube baby. It didn't turn out. I'm pretty open about the whole thing, but once the cycle failed, I wish no one knew because I didn't want to have to tell every single last person that we know that, once again, I was not pregnant.

We feel like we were sent to New Jersey for a reason...well, for multiple reasons, one of which being that New Jersey is one of the best states in the country regarding insurance coverage of infertility procedures. There is NO WAY we'd be able to do in vitro without the insurance.

We've been trying for over 4 years now and nothin. Sometimes it's hard and sometimes it's all just part of the plan, you know?

We'll try again, and maybe again and again, but each time gets a little bit harder.

2 comments:

Karla said...

I know how hard it can be. Utah is not an advocate of insurance covering infertility. . . The whole thing is so demanding emotionally, physically & financially.

My thoughts are with you.

L said...

I just want you to know how much I love you and hope that one way or another, another schmoo or schmooette will make their way to one of the best moms on the planet (aka you!)