Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shmoo, like all kids, has interesting food issues.
There must be a DIFFERENT utensil for each part of his dinner:


He likes crab legs and wants to dip them, just like us. Obviously, he can't crack them open, so he just sits there and waits for us to feed him like a baby bird. When the seafood clerk at the grocery store asked him if he likes crab legs, he said, "Yeah, but just the part on the inside, not the crunchy part."
He LOVES corn on the cob, but he calls it "cob on the corn". I'm pretty sure he's never met a vegetable he didn't like. His favorites are broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes and carrots.
Ok, so the kid will eat any vegetable, any fruit, shrimp, crab, tilapia, flounder, steak, chicken, pork, noodles, rice, cereal, all kinds of tortillas, and of course all the junk that kids love. BUT he still has never eaten a piece of bread. I'm not even kidding. No bread, rolls, biscuits, croissant, breadstick, etc. He says, "I don't eat bread." He'll eat corn bread, pizza, donuts, soft pretzels, muffins and all kinds of things that are practically bread, but no "bread".
He gets enough grains from other sources so we don't really care that he doesn't eat it, but it would simply life sometimes if he would eat a sandwich or a burger or toast. One day I made homemade rolls and he came into the kitchen saying, "Mommy, what smells so good?!" When he found out it was "bread" he was sorely dissapointed. We tried to bribe him to try one--upping the ante all the way to a new toy-just to see if he would try it, and he said, "No, I don't eat bread."

No comments: