Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day of Pre K



So school FINALLY started today :) Don't misunderstand me; although I will be happy to have some time in which to comparison shop, blog, think, go to appointments, clean, paint my toenails and eat the secret chocolate, I am happier that Shmoo will FINALLY have someone to play with. He has no siblings, we have no neighbor friends and church buddies are far, far away and so far not interested in playdates. Since we moved here in May, it has been the three of us entertaining ourselves.

Anyway, he started today and in the interest of security I've only posted a couple of pics here that don't show his name on his name tag or the name of his school. Those pics are pretty cheesy! Pre-K here is part of the public school, so we don't have to pay! Hurray! My only complaints are these: It's everyday for 2 1/2 hours. By the time I drop him off, it's time to go get him again. I wish it were only 2 or 3 days a week, but for more hours. My other gripe is that they have to bring a snack and juice box everyday and they eat it 15 mins before we pick them up. I don't get that. Can't they wait 15 more mins and save us the trouble of packing a snack everyday? Ok, no big deal, but really?

Several elementary schools in this area are HUGE, we're talking ~2000 students. That seems so strange to me--a lot of school districts only have 1-3 elementary schools in them.
He came home from the first day soooo happy! He was so confused by the kids (and parents) who were crying there. I wasn't sad--I was too happy for him. Now next year, when they expect us to ship our kindergarten kids off from 9-3:30, may cause some different feelings. I don't want to think about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schmoo looks more like your honey everyday.