Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

One day in early October, I pulled out all the Halloween decor. The next morning I woke up and found that Schmoo had done some decorating of his own while we were asleep. I love his drawings!

A ghost that looks suspiciously like it should be in a Super Mario Bros game:

His snaggly toothed jack o lanterns :)

And the variety pack: the tombstone that says "RIP here lies our house" (I LOVE IT, hee hee!) Frankenstein, witch, mummy, skeleton, spider and vampire bat.


At his kinder Halloween party



The school parade. Coming...

And going.


And all ready to Trick or Treat!




I'm glad that he actually ended up wearing his costume. He begged to be Sonic, and then once we got the costume, he said he looked ridiculous in it. We told him we could return it and get a different one but he insisted on keeping it. On the weekend before all the activities were to begin, we wanted him to try it on so we could hem it, but he refused to put it on. He made daddy type out a sign that said, "My mom bought me the costume I wanted, but I refuse to wear it, so now I'm a ghost. Boo!" He punched holes in the top for string and said that was all he was wearing.

When we saw the signs for the trunk or treat at church, he got really excited about decorating the trunk. I told him I had no intention of decorating the trunk, but if he wore his costume, I would. Well, we struck a deal and he ended up loving his costume. (it didn't hurt that a lot of cool big kids made nice comments about it.)

We did a lot of trick or treating in our neighborhood last night and it was fun and just the perfect temperature...cold enough to keep you moving, but not to freeze you! We went out around 6:30 and stayed out til 8:00. It was a great night!

No comments: